Chickenprotector
Flamer of Worlds
D&A Member

Class/Position: Pyro (O)
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticRevrus View Post
If its a problem with visual fidelity, then pyro is not the class to do it, which now has the least number weapons of all classes. Its not even that a shotgun specifically is needed, but a reliable medium to long range weapon to fill the massive gap that the pyro now has in utility. Objectively the pyro just recieved a large and unjustified nerf. If you are concerned about it being a shotgun thats not actually a shotgun, you can replace it with something like a level action rifle, a pistol, or even the engineer railgun.
Objectively, the Pyro has always been a brawler. One that's up-in-your face. You can EASILY close the distance with an IC jump.

While I agree that it's useful to have the backup weapon, is it terribly relevant when you can get up in their face easily and burn them to death? I'm one of the best in the community if not the best with the pyro in pubs. If you get me on openfire, the shotgun damage is largely irrelevant. At best it's useful to take out a single target from a distance you want to kill and a sentry killer, at worst, useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek. View Post
?
Yes, yes I know I made a quagmire.

Last edited by Chickenprotector; 03-27-2015 at 10:07 PM.
Chickenprotector is offline   Reply With Quote