View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 03:09 AM   #8
homie in reboks'

Class/Position: Soldier & Medic
Affiliations: ( ir :: ) iv| K^ †
Posts Rated Helpful 80 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Buckshot Moose View Post
So many edge clipping issues that screw up bunnyhopping. Offense spawn is probably the worst offender. Shouldn't have to jump to go up on to the bouncey thing.
There are some edges I would like to try and remove, but the edge to the exit vent isn't one of them. I would prefer the map to be smoother overall, but that may take some geometrical tinkering that is beyond my patience and skill. I'll do my best to reduce the edges, though.
I don't want to change the vent because you can hop from spawn platform to the vent without getting stuck. It's kinda like the tunnel exit on Phantom where you jump from tunnel to the landing on the stairs to avoid getting caught in the water.

Quote:
The map is basically unplayable in a pub environment with a lot of people due to yard DM. Not that I'm specifically against yard DM, but with two little holes to get into the base, it's way too easy to shut down people in the yard and thus public servers, which are generally not very objective-oriented, become even less objective-oriented.
Quote:
There should be more than one way into the base. It would greatly discourage yard DM.
Quote:
Spawn teleporter. This may screw up the balance too much, but for heavy O classes it's obnoxious going to the enemy base.
It is not really designed for pubs or large unorganized formats. So, yes the yard DM is an issue, but it's not really on my to-do list because it's a map geared towards organized play. The same goes for the spawn teleporter, sorry Offensive Heavies
I'll look into adding another entrance somewhere on the map. Maybe I can come up with something good.

Quote:
Sniper should either be spawning in the O spawn, or turned off if an extra path to the enemy base is added.
Sniper is a defensive class in my mind, but that's another issue for another day. I guess it should be turned off to follow through with the organized theme of the map, but it's not allowed in current organized play so I doubt I'll be changing this either.

Quote:
[*]Invisible wall in yard is confusing.
This was just a leftover that I mean to fix in a later version.

Yay, thanks for the feedback. I really do appreciate it. Also, thanks for everyone suffering through a pub game of it.