View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 10:45 PM   #60
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
There's very few FD HW's in FF, it just doesn't work like it did in TFC. Really the only time there's a FD HW is when the flag is FD, otherwise the HW usually is pretty close to the FR at all times.

Quote:
why not have the sniper dominate the front line defense and frustrate the hell out of the other team, after all they are the enemy! this will cause a rethink in stratagy and new ideas and a fresh take on league play. isn't the fact that it pisses the defense off a sign of the class doing its job?
Getting pissed off at good people and being out played is fine. Being pissed off, because you have no ability to fight back is a different story.

Quote:
Need to be immobile for a short time before and after firing
I think this is one of the biggest failing points of the sniper in a game like this the fact that he has to be stopped to shoot, the fact that once he's popped into the air he can't fire. This game is just too fast paced to have a class required to be immobile, and his damage is scaled by how long he charges his weapon? To charge the weapon he has to be slowed to a halt almost, one rocket knocks him in the air and he can't fire.

Yet you can't change any of those features because right now he has an unlimited range instant kill with zoom in capability to make it easier. Take away his game breaking cons for him, and he would be super charged.

Personally imo the only way he would fit into a game like this is if you turned him into a mulcher like EVERY other class... seriously every class is a mulcher at it's core, every class interacts very closely with one another, even the engy where is biggest strength is his gun (which can't move) is completely capable of interacting with any enemy around him while his sg is stationary. Even the HW who has to slow down while shooting, is still capable of moving while he shoots, he is a mulcher.

The sniper is not. That's why my suggestions would turn him into a pretty good mulcher. He's going to still require very good skill to be deadly accurat. But since there'd be no charge up, and no miss fires due to being knocked around, he no longer becomes a 1 trick pony, this sniper is going to be running around your base or the enemy base (in both pubs and pickups) and interacting with the enemies exactly how every other single class interacts.

The only real problem I see with changing the sniper this way is that he would not be as effective in AvD maps, but since this thread is about competitive play, and from experience any AvD pickup I've ever done boils down to 5 sollies on O, and whatever the enemy thinks can stop 5 sollies for D, so in this thread AvD doesn't matter.
Hammock is offline   Reply With Quote