View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 09:20 AM   #89
o_caesium

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tercel
...but even in aardvark...what the hell is the point of the boat being there in the pond. it looks nice but this isnt a fucking kodak magazine its an internet game. i only see stupid doodads like that hindering gameplay
The boat outside is purely to look nice as you say, but it doesn't get in the way of gameplay at all. In fact, I've done everything reasonably possible throughout the map to remove anything that may catch the player and hinder movement (I think that's extremely important, and very fast and slick offy movement with no annoying bits to get randomly caught on is pretty much the basis of aardvark's gameplay), so I'm assuming by your comment that you haven't actually looked at the map...

EDIT: hmm, I've just had another thought... maybe you don't understand how that map is supposed to play (ie offy can conc jump, water skim, and ramp slide in TF nowadays ya know?), in which case read this, and you'll clearly see the boat outside will never get in the way (I'm not dumb, I wouldn't put something like that there if it did get in the way at all!)

Last edited by o_caesium; 04-18-2006 at 09:28 AM.
o_caesium is offline   Reply With Quote