Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homie in reboks' View Post
Ok, this is a question just for Moto. What is wrong with medpacs as it stands? Why change something that isn't broken? It's already much different than its predecessor. What would a medigun bring to the table? That it might trick someone into thinking this game is like TF2? Tricking people into trying the game isn't the best option, in my opinion.

Also, just my opinion, but of all the TF2 classes the Medic's gameplay is the most contrary to Fortress Games. It's almost a pure support class. The FF Engineer is the only support class and it could barely be called that.

I don't care what is changed. As long as the devs are willing to admit when something isn't working OR admit when something is working and that they intend to stand by it.
Med packs can be useful, but IMO the delivery method of med packs is what bothers me. Plus, the medkit is effectively useless with how fast this game is. Why would throwable med packs be added unless there was something wrong with the medkit? Giving the medic a weapon that would allow them to shoot teammates or enemies from short-medium range means your teammates won't have to slow down to pickup the medpacks or call for the medic to drop them.

A scout could be on openfire trying to grab the flag and you, the medic, sees they're about to die. You can't get to them in time to throw some medpacks down because you are near upper battlements. Using a projectile-type weapon and assuming you know how to aim, you could give your teammate just enough health to get out of their base alive.

On top of that, this same projectile could infect an enemy for a short period of time and the more you are hit with it, the more intense/rapid the infection hits. If hit enough times can and will kill, but I'd imagine the values would need to be adjusted so you couldn't just easily heal a teammate back to full health or start dropping HWs with a few blasts of the gun.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote