View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 11:45 PM   #20
Dexter
internet user
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynian View Post
The main issues with sniper are the ridiculous utility they're given, and the ability to start churning out tha deepz as soon as they spawn. It's most egregious on crossfire - one drop jammer in the base can practically sensor jam your entire team (which also jams enemy infiltrators), and the mines they have fuck over would-be cappers.

A side note about why I hate sniper mines more than mines in T2. In T2, your standard offensive loadout would be something like disc/cg/grenade launcher. As you fly in to get the flag, you'd first clear it with either a mine disc, or some grenade spam. That would knock any HoFs (heavy on flag) away, and possibly kill LoFs. Even if you were coming at the flag from below, you could shoot some grenades to knock them away and blow up mines.

In T:A, if you're jetting up to grab the flag, you can't do shit to clear the flagstand unless you're a raider (ha, ha). None of the weapons arc properly and gel with the class-feel to help with clearing the flagstand. The best you can try to do is throw a HH grenade to blow up the claymore, but then you're gonna get bodyblocked by a HoF (or even engineer or whatever) and chances are the grenade will just blow you up - since weapons don't inherit enough momentum.

Then snipers get the ridiculous sniper towers on drydock, and katabatic is a mess anyways. There's not enough fog on any of the maps to inhibit snipers at all. Another thing that's missing from T:A. Also, not needing to hit an inventory station, even a remote one, means that killing a sniper just puts him out of action for a measly five seconds. It's kinda the same issue that FF has, and unless sniper gets nerfed, we're going to see a lot of people raping with sniper in T:A, either legitly or using aimbots.

T1 and T2 had sniper done properly. First, you had to hit an inventory (or remote inventory) to get the laser rifle - or pick one up off the ground/a dead player, but that's circumstancial and dependant on the map. You also needed an e-pack, and it took one of your precious 3 weapon slots. Also, the damage was directly tied to energy, instead of T:A's clumsy "slower recharge if jetting, but doesn't really stop jets at all" system. Yay snipers can just rabbit the instant you walk up behind them.

Basically - fuck snipers. It's still not fun to get killed by a sniper.
some valid points BUT, unlock sniper and try it out. you will be amazed m8 (I actually just want you to waste tokens)
9:17 PM - DEXTER: can you teach me how to play o
9:17 PM - squeek.: you jump a lot
9:18 PM - squeek.: and do sweet moves

8:55 PM - FDA: fart in you fridge and blame it on wild animals
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote