Thread: Quake DM
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 07:30 AM   #4
Peon
Altitude Junkie
D&A Member

Class/Position: Agressive Medic or Pyro...as long as I can fly baby!
Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desyphur
Peon, do you know anywhere I can get quake deathmatch?

If you happen to own HL1 you can download the game "Deathmatch Classic." It's the same thing, more or less. Obtaining Quake 1 should be as easy as putting it into Google, since any authentication process for that game should be extinct by now. Of course, there's absolutely no guarantee anyone is playing either one anymore.....they just don't hold many folks attention these days.

You could try any game in the Halo series......it's mostly similar, and I hear it's pretty popular......if you want to pay a lot more.

You could also try any of the Perfect Dark MODS.....it's got all kinds of cool guns. You could even get the original, and an N64 pretty cheap these days. It's got a cool feature......Bots! It's also got 4-player split screen, but I've since given that up when I stopped playing my N64 back in 1998.

If you have a PC then you should definitely buy Half-Life 2......you may have heard of it. It's version of deathmatch is rad, and you get to use a weapon called the "Gravity Gun." It's a real steal at $20.....you get lot's more with it......and I hear it's also quite popular.

Well, this has been another job well done for Facetious Man! I'm off to spread redundancy wherever it's most needed! Up, up, and up some more!

(Thanks for the hand-off BTW)
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”"
- George Carlin
Peon is offline   Reply With Quote