View Single Post
Old 01-23-2005, 02:14 PM   #14
o_spud

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Nice post rebo.

And hi koolmod :P

As for me.

I got HL when it came out and was enjoying it muchly, got about half way through and then noticed there was a multiplayer for it. Spent a week on the deathmatch and then found there was something called TFC. My gosh how complicated, it came with this big html manual and was daunting to say the least. I booted it up and started to attempt to kill things.
Found this gun placement thing that looked similar to the ones in HL except it had cool painted eyes and even grin on it. I stood behind, pressed E and proceeded to own every body that walked in front of me. A helpful chap would come along every now and then and hit this gun. I asked him why he was trying to destroy the gun with a spanner and he said he was restocking and repairing it. OH! What a nice team player.
I stood there for another 5 mins enjoying the immense feel of power as I 'controlled' the gun. Gosh my aim was good I thought.

Needless to say I never returned to HL. I spent my early days progressing from utter n00b to vaguely competant.

My first clan trial was for a fun looking clan by the name of Darksun. I was a nervous wreck but believed in my ability. I was pretty certain I could make the required "Get more then 0 kills" to get in. Hurrah and I did.

My first taste of clan play was for clanbase versus some 'pretty good clan' called Digital Warefare. Ho-hums... come match day, our average ping being just over 200 and DW's just under 60 I could tell we perhaps we facing something rather dominating. Think DW managed about at least 20 caps on 2fort with a well placed SG in our front door stopping nearly all our attack attempts before the map finished :P
I was stunned to see that we had managed to get a cap out though. Not sure godly force let us do that.

Anyway my TFC life got pretty boring soon after that. Ironically due to clanbase scoring system being shite DS were soon 2nd to DW in the league charts just by playing and beating a load of crap clans. Hoho.

Time to speed up my waffle. After DS failed to snatch the Irish TFC league title from BtB (rofl) we disbanded and I was free. I joined a clan called KILLAH (ace name no?) with Andy (And1e). Shortly after this we merged with a european clan (austrian?) called EXO and the almighty KILLEX was formed. I was promoted to Offence Team Leader because we had things like that back then and we nursed our wounds upon finding that a (decent) brand of weed-killer had named itself after us but yea anyway thats another story.

Speeding things up again my clan life more or less went :

Darksun - KILLEX - SCW (with some odd things inbetween).

I departed the TFC gaming scene when I turned student slacker and Uni due to a combination of div1/prem egos making life no fun and also some shifting work priorities. I found myself missing the game though and have now joined team.jolt in an attempt to ease myself back into some light-hearted gaming fun.

TFC was the game for me always even during that dangerous CS stint around beta 7.0 because of its fast gameplay, physic and gameplay engine reward system (you can easily see the time and effort one puts into learning skills such as concing and bhing) and of course the legion of ace people that make up the TFC community. Theres nothing quite like it.

Think i've (not) entertained you all enough now and will give someone else a chance to waffle instead. Thanks for reading :P
o_spud is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.