FreaK367
Everyones favorite FreaK
D&A Member

Class/Position: Scout, Engineer and Sniper
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 17 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrypyro View Post
I was thinking just armor because upgrading the jump speed might mess up where an Offense player lands. For example a jump pad in ff_aarvark might be set up to have players to land on the launchers at the bottom of the base but when upgraded it would cause players to overshoot it.

This would allow the jump pad to be able to be built inside the enemy base again though and since jump pads can now only only be used by your team, it makes it even more powerful.
I agree with you and KubeDawg, the jump pad at the moment doesn't last very long in an enemy base, especially so since it is so easily destroyed, it just gets spammed, I used to see them in the Foyer of Destroy to help people get up the ramps, I personally use one in the ff_aardvark enemy base. It has use on Rock2, DropDown and many other maps to give your team an offensive push. Even AvD maps benefit from a jump pad, moreso actually.

I support the idea of having a jump pad last 60 - 90 seconds then be destroyable, but I still think it should have considerably more health, 2 rockets to destroy it is very weak.

The Sentry Gun for example is quite heavily armoured, yet it still needs to be light and agile to turn and target fast (in theory), whereas the jump pad gets walked over all day and is quite simple in design so the potential for its armour is huge. And since it is seen as an offensive buildable, it is put in danger more often, so it should be a durable structure. I'd have it at 4 - 6 rockets to destroy it, whatever that transfers into armour. Just so it takes some effort to destroy, yet still worth it because that jump pad is undoubtedly providing fast transport to your base/flag/cap point. It still means if someone wanted it gone, they could just shoot it a few times and launch a couple of grenades at it.
FreaK367 is offline   Reply With Quote