View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 10:25 PM   #1
Bogdan6
El Hombre sin nombre

Class/Position: Medic, Offense
Gametype: Capture the flag
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Need help on choosing components

I'm looking forward to build my first PC and I want to build one that will last. Problem is budged it limited (<$400, $600 is extreme push).
Anyway, got around and asked people for opinions, in the end here is the point where I'm stuck.
http://i.imgur.com/GGbkrAt.png
Long story short: from browsing shops and shit, decided to go for AMD cause "good 'n' cheap", bunch o' people say it's good. Ask further, other people say AMD is crap and suggest me doing the Intel thing (buy everything godly and shit CPU like i3 or Pentium and replace it with i7 when got more cash).

The thing is, I'm simply stuck. Both parts are bringing solid arguments (AMDers saying I shouldn't spend money on 2 CPUs and the build is godly enough, Intelers saying Pentium is powerful enough to handle most games and an Intel build would last longer than an AMD one).

Which one would you choose? I agree that a 2 cored Pentium wouldn't compare with an FX-8300 which has godly peformance, but simply upgrading the CPU doesn't sound that bad actually (well, except an i7 costs more than all other components togheter).

Last edited by Bogdan6; 04-09-2015 at 10:26 PM.
Bogdan6 is offline   Reply With Quote