Old 05-21-2015, 06:41 AM   #3
Bogdan6
El Hombre sin nombre

Class/Position: Medic, Offense
Gametype: Capture the flag
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _BEAN_ View Post
Why should it matter considering you can opt out of the class?
Well as stated, even previously you could opt out of the class, but before going to it, there were a protocols and "why"s and "shouldn't"s so they wouldn't need to bother with you. The process is claimed to be simplified by the new law, except a lot of people seem to protest against it. And the protests people bring are dirrectly attacking other religions and/or confessions and differend other educations. I'd like to know more about people's view about it, rather on the class itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _BEAN_ View Post
Darwin in his own book stated his theory could be disproven by the scientific fact. The fact is no one knows how life began in the Universe, so dissing either belief on the matter is rather repugnant.
Yes, a scientific theory bether than his can disaproove his theory, except that theory wasn't discovered yet. For me at least, Darwin's theory makes perfect sense, even the smallest bacteria is constantly mutating, adapting to a new environment or in other worlds, evolving, but we cannot be sure this isn't also God doing his job, I'm personally open to hear any kind of theory about life and origin of today's living creatures and I'll drag the conclusions myself. For a bunch of years, we were taught in biology classes about Darwin's theory, now we cannot simply boycott what other classes tell us and just follow the religion one. An actual quote from my teacher was that "We are adepts of the creationist theory, the oldest and the most accurate theory". ("we" as everyone attending his lessons, he wouldn't believe you if you told him otherwise).

Back on-topic, at least in my city, there were marches about countering the law (which again, doesn't remove religion classes from school, makes them optional) and people bringing large crosses and other religious symbols. This kind of shit is pretty uncommon, since people didn't protest like this even when ACTA was a thing, nor when they did changes in the medical system.
Bogdan6 is offline   Reply With Quote