View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 11:53 PM   #19
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4est
I LOVE the show but have no clue WTF to think right now.

I can only guess two ways to "move" the island.

* Using the magnetism of the island to literally move it
* Using the magnetism of the island to either hide it or make it appear to be elsewhere.
I don't think they are going to "move" the island. A friend and I had a good conversation about this at lunch. You can only find the island by taking a certain course on a specific heading. Otherwise you go right by without seeing it. If you're off by X you miss it complete or you can't escape the island's perimeter. Now, remember, Michael and Walt left on a course of 325, the people from Widmoore's(sp) boat are using 305. They are able to get to and from the island, but at a price, insanity to a point. (just our thoughts) Anyway, I think to move the island you need to move the coordinate constant to FIND the island. Maybe Ben did that from 325 to 305 after Michael left and the only reason Widmoore found them was getting the radio becon to work using the phone.

By far my favorite episode this season was the Desmond flashback episode, I think it was the most revealing and gave a great picture as to what is actually going on.

Quote:
I want to know about the time/space travel. Leaving the island already messes with time but Ben appeared in the desert in a coat. Seems like some sort of teleportation that is a little.... quirky.
There has to be some sort of teleportation thing. We first saw Naomi in the desert and she found something with a dharma initative emblem on it. I'm pretty sure it was the same desert.

Quote:
Also, Desmond and the boat crew guy left the island with a slightly bad course. That had their consciousnesses flashing back into their own past. Perhaps, leaving the island at various directions can relocate a person into other times/places.
Yeah, following the heading or bad things happen.

Quote:
Also check the Lostpedia page about Room 23
I didn't take a look, any spoilers there?

Scuzzy