View Single Post
Old 02-02-2005, 12:10 PM   #49
o_qui

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Oh god, i love TFC

I started quite some time ago, i guess maybe 4 years ago. I remember it was the first time i got the internet, and i bought a half life pack which had like opposing forces with it, which had tfc.

I remember saying to my friend how, "that team fortress thing looks good!", but i was such a noob at the time and had alot of trouble getting it to work, it first wouldnt install properly, and at the time i didnt really understand the concept of patches, although im sure the error messages in the console werent that helpful for noobs

Anyway the first time i played tfc was old wireplay team assault, dustbowl. Ah man did that rule. I remember spawning for the first time, and i was literally in awe, we were at cp2 on attack trying to get through the tunnel. And just watching explosions, gun fire and gibs flying everywhere. It was chaos everywhere, it was so overwhelming, and i knew this game was ownage. I remember at the time, having PAYG internet access, so i was waiting at the computer for 6 (off peak) and then desperately dialing up and rushing to the server. Unfortunately i suppose hundreds of other people were doing this too so it was pretty hard to get onto the server! I remember everyone being so friendly and supportive for noobs, i sure as hell was one, and acted like one.

Unfortunately, there was no way i could afford to play after a while, i was 15-16 and it just wasnt affordable so i stopped for around a year. I then got a job :P And i thought hey lets play, i remember going to a wireplay server, recognising one of the guys i played with before, and i asked where everyone else is? "Blueyonder" i was told. I was then told to post on the BY forums, i was like wtf is a forum?

I then eventually got more and more involved with BY learnt about clan style play, become an "e-admin" and eventually an admin and later a forum mod. I remember trying so hard to make the servers work, some will say they were crap but hey, i had fun, and i know loads of other people did too. The admin team there was ace, and there was a definitly a huge community spirit within blueyonder, so it was quite sad when it all had to end

Ive basically played in 2 clans, both of which i feel i have put 100% into, and i still do now. There has been a lot of highs and lows, but all in all very ace. I had a year or so without tfc when i went to uni, i thought i was over tfc and wouldnt play it again, but how wrong i was! I still play tfc now with CiC and still trying just as hard as i did when i first started clan tfc, although i am div 5 noob now Its amazing how crap you can get in a relatively short space of time. I wouldn't describe myself as pro, or old-school clanner, but fleh, whatever :P

TFC is just a fantastic game that is so much different from any other game, seems like developers are just obsessed with releasing generic realism crouch and shoot fps' with not an ounce of originality. Bunnyhopping, concing, all good

I look forward for FF
o_qui is offline   Reply With Quote