View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 05:29 AM   #5
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitcake View Post
It was very confusing for new players going from server to server and seeing different "settings".
My general thinking is that anyone going into pugs and willing to accept the class restrictions and other form of structure would be able to at least learn and understand any other variances. Even still we get people like mohawk moe and alextric who want to come in and play offensive HW.

But yeah, reducing the confusion would kind of hinge on the svar being only used in pug servers. People can go into "pseudo comp" pubs and be informed of the differences. But that doesn't really help when people join into multiple empty servers that are different, which is a very likely possibility and, I agree, confusing experience.

Quote:
where there is no possibility for counter-play.
And that is ultimately why I find OP so frustrating on the receiving end. Getting popped up by explosives there are still times where you have a chance to react, air strafe or what ever. Explosive based stops are also much more fluid than the abrupt OP. OP is just infinitely less interactive than other forms of stopping power in the game.

1 members found this post helpful.