View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 07:38 AM   #19
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times
I could be a nerd and spoil it all for you in numbers. If this spoils your sense of self made discovery I apologize.

The jump gun plus conc seems to give you around, a little above, 1200 ups. A good conc without the jump gun gives you around 1600-1632 something around there. (side note, for the extra crafty, you can down trimp conc off of sloped surfaces and get around 1900+)

Also tbh I don't make any effort to time my bhops into concs. It's probably the best way to do it, just so that you stay moving and unpredictable. But the difference in speed between a bhop conc, and a really good circle jump from a stand still, is probably no more than 30 ups. 30 ups when we're dealing with numbers in the thousands. And that's if you hit it with perfect timing, because your speed will be fluctuating due to how the speed caps work. Imo, that makes a standing conc infinitely more consistent and versatile. And it's not like you have to be standing around for ever, just take a second to pause and do your circle jump.

Still though, timing your bhops into concs is a very valuable skill. It can come into play in some very clutch situations.

Actually, going back to down trimp concs, that might be where you'd see a bigger speed differential between bhop concs and stand still concs. Because I'd imagine that down trimping after being at full bhop, would give you more speed than just a good circle jump down trimp. And that should then in theory give more speed to the conc. I'm not sure though, with the new bhop caps and all, how they work with down trimps.

Last edited by FDA_Approved; 06-12-2016 at 07:44 AM.
FDA_Approved is offline   Reply With Quote

2 members found this post helpful.