View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #45
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by SizeableSSonic View Post
You completely ignored what I said. If you get sick, and you do not have health insurance, and make a visit to the emergency room, it is payed for by tax payers.

You even said that the car insurance mandate belongs at the state level. whether it is the state or federal level, it is still the government. What's the difference? You're still mandated to get insurance.

You do realize that there are a ton of people in their twenties who could afford insurance but choose not too buy it because they think they do not need it? Now they will have to buy it. Although, now that I mention it, people such as my self will soon be allowed to stay on their parents insurance until they are twenty six. Do you think that is a bad idea, too?

When did I mention freedom of speech? When did I mention the right the bear arms? I believe that the Bill of Rights is one of the few things in the Constitution that should remain as it is. I believe that the Constitution is outdated in it's definition of the federal government's powers, not in the rights of a citizen. I believe you have the right to speak against this health care bill, and I have just as much a right to be for it (although some things do irk me). I believe that a person does have a right to defend themselves, with armed force if necessary. I'm talking more about what the federal government can and can't do, not the citizen. Don't try to change the debate.
I don't believe your point on "who pays" or "how" was ignored by me. I'm responding uniformly that I don't think its relevant as you're talking about something that is not within the authority delegated to the Fed. This seems to be something you keep missing...or at least that's what I infer from your posts. That distinction between Fed and State is huge and its going to be right in the middle of the legal war that is going to follow in the wake of this passing.

Did I try to change the subject? No, I did not. Reread my post. I was giving you an example of the authority delegated to the Fed to contrast it against this very wrong action the Fed has taken despite the limits set by the Constitution.

I'm curious, do you live in the US?

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote