View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 04:55 AM   #1
SizeableSSonic
Joystick Junkie
D&A Member

Class/Position: Engineer or Sniper
Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via AIM to SizeableSSonic Send a message via MSN to SizeableSSonic
Soldering question.

Alright, so, a friend and I began to get my mame cabinet up and running last night. We got the computer mounted inside the cab, and hooked up a temporary monitor (not the monitor intended for the final , it's just to test for the time being), and I got sound up and running this morning. Therefore, I figure that the next logical step would be to get everything driven through the cabinet's joystick controls.

I was planning to do this by soldering the wires from the cabinet's controls to the PCB of a Logitech Precision pad:

Each of the buttons on my cabinet has a ground wire daisy chained between them, and a signal wire for each. I figured that I could strip all the controls of their wires, then solder a ground and a signal from each of the cabinet controls to one of the contact points on the PCB.

I've pretty much never done something like this before, so my questionis basically whether or not this will work. If not, what's a better way of going about it? Thanks in advance for any advice...