View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 06:10 AM   #20
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchToast View Post
I don't get it... are you making a semantic argument here or am I missing something.
I'm saying that records are really, really, really bad and that looking for a high quality record player is the equivalent of looking for a high quality Ford Pinto. Well, no. That analogy only works in terms of output sound quality.

See, I'm kind of one of those audiophile types. Not the kind that thinks that a $20,000 cable will sound good but the kind that realizes that the quality of the recording and the format that it is in plays a larger role in sound quality than anything else. After that you can just buy cheapo-everything else (as long as it is able to play a good number of formats... like a computer) and then just get some quality speakers.

When a woman comes in and see's you have a pair of these on either side of your bed, and she can hear everything ever, her pants will be on the floor.

If you're hellbent on getting a record player, get one that also plays digital stuffs. When the needle turns to shit or the thing breaks, you'll want to use it for something else.

Ronald Reagan
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote