KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Sure, but skill maps do tend to teach you air control and timing among other things, so there is some practicality there, but I think they're mostly just fun and challenging. Concmaps are especially more difficult than quad maps. Sure it's not for everyone, but I can't believe it's 'lame' like FDA mentions earlier because look at the TFC skill community back in the day. Literally hundreds of skill maps on the concs-r-us web site with tens of thousands of players in their community. I don't see why FF is any different with regards to how fun these maps can be.

Yeah, it might be more smooth and easier to complete some TFC maps that were remade for FF, but there are still plenty of difficult concmaps and a few rj maps that exist and I think giving the community a skill video that looks great that is also difficult to pull off for the average gamer can invite them to challenge their own boundaries and limitations.

In TFC, I learned all of my concing techniques from conc maps. Timing was the hardest thing to apply to a regular map setting, but once I spent time playing some basic concmaps for a couple weeks, I started to grasp the timing really well and I got immensely better in regular TFC maps. Not only that, but my reaction time and my reflexes improved. So don't scoff at these maps like they are mere novelty. Give them the merit they deserve.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote