View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 10:14 PM   #32
Raynian
D&A Member

Class/Position: SPAWN CAMPING OH NO
Gametype: Ragequitting
Affiliations: [PMS]. [Shiney]
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
I kinda disagree with you about caltrops and (pre-change) JPs. What was great about caltrops was that they were semi-clearly visible and easy to avoid while maintaining speed, in TFC. Yes, accidentally touching one fucked you over hard, but in FF that could easily be remedied by making the effect degrade over time, rather than only dissipate on getting healed/finding a bag.

The JP as it is now is okay, since it can be used to speed up offense in non-combative zones (say, the beginning of a point on dustbowl when the action is at the capture point) - but defense can send someone to destroy them. They're no longer "hurr I spend 5 seconds to have an invincible 1024 speed boost for my entire team". Especially when that shit could be put on flagspawns or combined with a conc for 2k+ airspeed.

One thing the jump pad is great for is doing a 3x jump pad + rampslide conc to go from the start of ksour_classic to cp4 without ever touching the ground.
7:00 PM - zE: eh tbh i like some stuff in us but a lot of stuff in us messes with my nerves
7:00 PM - zE: like watching fox news
7:00 PM - zE: its like wtf

Last edited by Raynian; 09-08-2011 at 10:15 PM.
Raynian is offline   Reply With Quote