Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med / Solly
Gametype: PAYLOAD
Affiliations: DET-
Posts Rated Helpful 19 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCUJO View Post
granted that makes alot of sense, but does your example land as heavily if that sniper was squeek? gwars? or someone new to the game?. king unbalances the sniper but is his skill a reason to remove/change the class?

and before everyone goes crazy this is directly refering to the post i quoted. i know the sniper is strong, im simply trying to point out that its not so strong that it warrents such a strong change.
yes it is, because nearly anyone can hit a new player trying to cross the yard. Because that player generally can't conc and likely can't really bhop either. They definitely aren't going to be nade jumping or RJ'ing or anything. They are going to be running or walking...maybe bhopping. And generally everyone else is going to ignore the sniper and hope he goes for the newb b/c if I'm a sniper and I'm targeting a newb...I'm NOT targeting you! And let's face it...snipers aren't playing to stop the O, they are playing to shoot people. I doubt even king picks his targets by the scout/med who are pulling the most caps or moving the flag the best. He just shoots at the first thing that comes out of that resup. And if there are multiple targets, he likely goes for the wounded calf first! I know that when I sniper (rarely) I do.

Edit: I also want to add that that is an issue with the sniper. In CTF, 9/10 times, I don't think they are sniping to pick off the best O player before he gets to the base to stop them from grabbing the flag as often. They are just shooting anyone and everyone they can to rack up their K/D ratio. So they aren't actually doing anything for their team or for the D. Yes, once in a while they are going to get that player, but it's more about chance IMO than it is a conscientious decision to kill that player or defend the base.

Conversely, in games like hunted or AvD/ID people generally go sniper to take out a specific object. In hunted it's the civi. In maps like dustbowl I always go sniper at the start of the round to take out the SG), or sometimes I'll play sniper on D to pick off the flagrunner trying to jump in. So 9/10 times they are working for/with their team. And they are making that decision to play sniper to help the team/win the game/get the objective/etc.
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:

Last edited by Dr.Satan; 02-15-2010 at 07:33 AM.