View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #12
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times
The pyro has stacked afterburn dmg. So if you tag someone with one incendiary they get a lvl 1 burn that does so much damage. But tag them with all your incendiary weapons and they get a lvl 3 burn. It's OP, annoying, and a highly undeserved mechanic. Honestly I don't feel like DoTs belong in an FPS.

Because of that the pyros probly not gonna get any buffs or anything like that. But I think it's the general desire of everyone to give pyro a complete overhaul. So that may be an option in the future if anyone had any good ideas.

Personally I'd like to see the pyro stripped of all after burn and left in a corner to rot. But that doesn't really go along with your desire of a more fun pyro experience

So if you have any ideas go ahead and share them. But I don't think reflects are likely to make it in. Pyro is rage inducing enough as it is.

Alternatively, if you're looking for more fun, get to know the flame push mechanics. The flamethrower has some lift to it. You can basicly jet pack around or shoot it behind you to gain speed while bhoping. Nades can help get your jet pack momentum going. There's a few other tricks with the flamethrower push back as well.