Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
... What in the absolute world is going on in here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO-BELL
Somehow the rotten apples rose to the top in the FF world and totally took the game in the wrong direction, mostly by trying to get everyone into some sort of pompous elitest pickup / clan community and crapping on the entire pub community that made up 90% of the playerbase- who consequently all stopped playing the mod. All the wrong people got listened to, and the game went right down the drain very quickly after 2.0.
TACO, are you saying the game is going in the wrong direction in 2.1 or it already did in 2.0? If you think it happened with 2.0, then you don't really know what you're talking about... if by "all the wrong people got listened to", you mean the entire original dev team, then, yeah... I guess they shouldn't have been listened to. I mean, what could they know about a game they created?

If by, "mostly by trying to get everyone into some sort of pompous elitest pickup / clan community" you mean #ff.pickup, then you are 103% wrong. #FF.Pickup was started by me, /KBN/, and fx. in early January, 2008 (before I was even on the beta team). I was invited to the dev team late February, 2008. It never received support by any dev members (and it still doesn't). It's a completely independent and niche channel.

And, WetWired, I don't know who you're talking about (or why they are labeled as "higher ups"), but hopefully you'll find a group of people that will keep you enjoying the game. Your support is appreciated, you just need to seek out the people that appreciate it.

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote