Thread: (Released) conc_school (9.12.09)
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 10:04 PM   #20
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med / Solly
Gametype: PAYLOAD
Affiliations: DET-
Posts Rated Helpful 19 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cownaetion
Actually I had a question about that. I believe in TFC if you used textures that didn't come with the main game/mod, they had to download a seperate pak file that contained the textures for the map (unless they forced the textures into the map which I know is possible). Is that the same way in FF? If I used custom textures, would I have to include the vtf files that housed them with the map as well? Because of this I usually try to stick with what comes with the game/mod so that way everyone has it and don't have to worry about someone not being able to not run the map if they only got their hands on the bsp file and not the other files that were with it.
Well you have 2 ways to do it:

Either create a .zip file with a maps file and a materials file and force them to upload them to the correct places

Or you can use Pakrat (or similar program) to take the vtf's and vmt's and actually integrate them into your map's .bsp so that the .bsp and the .lua is all they need. Squeek showed me the Pakrat program and it's really nifty! You just need to make sure you know which files / textures are the default one's and which are your custom ones.
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:
Dr.Satan is offline   Reply With Quote