View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 10:02 PM   #9
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellyCat
I guess you meant base bhop speed, but even then - with air movement I believe it's possible to keep a further ~10% or so faster than that figure.
No, I meant base run speed. You lose momentum with each jump until you hit your base run speed again. While it takes a long time and is not noticeable, the effect is still there and present with the speedometer.

After the first jump, you will be at 480 on the speedometer, the second yanks you down to about 475, and then it decreases by increments of 2's and 3's until you get back down to 400.

In short, the faster you are traveling, the faster you will decelerate. The closer you are to your base run speed, the slower you will decelerate.

This goes with either jump queuing or traditional TFC BHop.

Test it out on ff_dm. Get any amount of BHop speed and then stop BHopping and only jumping. You will notice your speed will decrease with each jump. This speed decrease is the reason why 480 is the bottom of each of your jumps and your average BHop speed will be 500 as the scout.

Ronald Reagan
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote