View Single Post
Old 03-30-2015, 09:01 PM   #14
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Buckshot Moose View Post
The problem with having Fortress Points in addition to kills and death is that FPs are basically useless when you have a K/D ratio to look at. Everyone wants a high K/D ratio. This is one of the things TF2 does right. No kills, no deaths. Only points. I think FF should adopt something similar.
Well TF2 still shows you your own KDA on the score board, it just doesn't show it to every one else. Which I'd argue is still enough for people to play for a good k/d.

The problem with FP is they seem entirely arbitrary. At the end of the match you see this number, but outside of KD you have no idea what went into that, and sometimes it's nothing more than your KD anyways. That's where the TF2 score board really excels, it tracks almost everything. It tracks kills, assists, headshots, amount of health healed, caps, and some other stuff. If the score board conveyed that information to individual players they might have an easier time understanding how their score stacks up to other players.

I also feel like the scores seem arbitrary because of how high they are. 100 points per kill, 1000 points per cap. This is probly to make room for score objectives that are deemed much less important, so they can be given lower numbers. But it might be worth scaling the entire thing down. Something like 1 point per kill, 10 points per cap, half point per assist, 1 point per every 50 health healed for medic.