View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012, 05:23 AM   #15
aleXtric
#FF.Pickup Dictator
Beta Tester

Gametype: ADL
Affiliations: KiNGz .
Posts Rated Helpful 100 Times
Redneck's brother gave some details on thecats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatacombs
Thanks for sending me your email. Things are still a bit fuzzy on total details but what we know is that a man named Gerald Gibbs left a bar about a 3 miles away from our family farm and proceeded to drive at a high rate of speed, anywhere from 60mph on up till 90mph on a 45 mph country road. We have heard of witnesses that saw him run a 2 way stop before crashing into my brother at the next 4 way stop. My brother had just left home when it happened. He was stopped and was either turning left or going straight when the other driver came over a small hill in the road and collided into the back of Andrew's car. Andrew was killed instantly. It's hard to still talk about and the anger is still heavy as well as the grief. He hadn't done anything wrong and probably never even saw it coming. We laid him to rest in the cemetery that many of the Beach family members lie. There is a horrible finality of it all, he was killed less than a mile from home and buried less than a mile from where he was killed.

We don't know an awful lot about the man who crashed in to him, just that he is around 58 years old and was able to be checked out of the hospital the very next day. My family is investigating civil charges as well as staying in contact with the highway patrolman that is conducting the crash investigation. We're hoping that due to the speed and witnesses seeing him at the bar, that Gibbs will get the maximum punishment for the negligence that night.

I know that Andrew had played games for a long time with many people from Team Fortress and he always loved playing those games. I know that, those experiences were something that were always special to him. He was 24 in case you or anyone else didn't know. I'm his only and younger brother by about two and a half years.

Thanks,

Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatacombs
Hello everyone,

I'm Alex, Andrew's younger brother, and I just wanted to let everyone know that I've joined the forums so that I can keep everyone posted in the coming weeks about the situation and the legal process. I wanted to personally thank everyone for all of the condolences that have been given in this thread. I know that if Andrew could see them, even he would find it moving. My brother was a very intelligent young man with a lot of things going for him. He was going to be starting pharmacy school soon and really moving forward with his life and career. He had a very good last few days, in which he spent a lot of time with our family and I think he was in a very good place when he left that night. I loved and respected my brother dearly and in growing up with him, I knew how much playing pick up games online meant to him. He was a competitive spirit and at times had a rough side, but I knew him to be a good guy. I hope that he will live on in the memories of those who enjoyed playing games with him on a regular basis. I know that this is a relatively small community, and that his loss has been sad for everyone. I just want everyone to know that on many nights in my memory, I would go to bed and look in on him at the computer playing team fortress and laughing as he read something humorous in the in game chat. MIRC and the catacombs were constantly on the computer screen.

Thanks for all of his memories everyone,

Alex Beach
RIP Andrew

http://www.ffpickup.com/?p=irc

Last edited by aleXtric; 07-31-2012 at 05:23 AM.
aleXtric is offline   Reply With Quote