View Single Post
Old 02-25-2008, 01:03 AM   #6
SmellyCat
Darknight

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
The bhop one is hard to record meaningfully because everyone has a different technique and so without a hard cap like TFC people can reach different levels. I've not gone through thorough testing on each class but for me it is very possible to build up to and maintain 500-530 speeds as scout, and I'm sure that there are people that can maintain it between 510-535 or higher?

I'm not entirely sure what I'm getting at here, but maybe it's worth noting the definate soft cap for each class (120% max speed) then try to find a couple of other things, one perhaps being a -max- average sustainable bunnyhop speed, which I believe for most classes might be higher than the average bunnyhop readings you have (i.e. once in a settled bunnyhop speed, a collective effort is found to see what speeds CAN be reached). The second, which I think would be rather cool would be to find the maximum "glide" or initial jump speeds that can be reached off your first jump. Thus far my speedometer has showing towards 150% base speed (seeing up to 598 as scout) and I'm fairly sure that people more practiced than I am in FF could pull off some nice speeds.

The rest is all cool because you cannot argue with a grenade or a rocket - it either hurts you or it doesnt!

Maybe I'm thinking a little too much into this or possibly still being lied to by my speedometer (it used to pre-2.0), but I do find it all quite interesting and I like the idea and the effort behind the stuff you've done.
SmellyCat is offline   Reply With Quote