Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
I think there are currently two problems with the overpressure:
  • First: Getting hit by it almost never makes sense. You blow by a HW just to get knocked back after you're SURE you got by him. That's just due to poor implementation on my part (something weird is going on with the lag compensation), but that can be fixed (and has been in the beta). I'm fairly confident this will help alleviate some frustration because, currently, when you're 1-on-1 with the HW and not going 1000+ speed (like when the HW is standing on the flag while the demo is gone), and he times his OP perfectly to get you away from the flag, it's not nearly as frustrating as usual (at least in my experience; I tend to respect what he was able to do).
  • Second: The cooldown is far too low. It's easy to feel futile when you're hit by the overpressure because it's basically a death in vain. It doesn't really cost the HW anything. If he missed, big whoop, it'll probably be back up by the time someone else comes along (and it'll FOR SURE be back up for your next run). A longer cooldown will make each and every use of the overpressure meaningful. The HW will have to choose carefully WHEN to use it, not just try to use it on every person he sees because why not.

Both of these issues will be addressed in the next patch, once I get off my lazy bones and finally release it. Another thought I had: currently, your air control gets nullified when you get hit by an overpressure. I might remove that part and just keep friction getting nullified so that you can still maneuver as long as you're in the air (but will slide along the ground).

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington

Last edited by squeek.; 10-25-2012 at 10:13 PM.
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote