View Single Post
Old 05-22-2008, 08:31 PM   #65
myersjr

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock
I can't believe you're trying to compare the random encounter of an enemy bumping into his own teammate to ultimately gain you an additional kill (or force the person to die) to the skill involved in trying to sabo an sg.

As a spy you don't control where the sg is located, then it is his responsibility to locate said sg and sneak into position to sabo it. Avoiding weary engies and sollies on their toes. The spy has to sit there for 5 seconds facing the sg, making him REALLY conspicuous, allowing more chances to be caught. Now the spy has to trigger the sabo at the right time. Triggering it immediately does not always yield best results. Communicating with his teammates goes along way (another skill). Telling his teammates that the sg IS sabo'ed and not to destroy it, rather tell him when they're incoming so he can trigger it at a better time. Sometimes the spy can sabo an sg, and get the flag out.

Killing the engy before trying to sabo the sg doesn't always work either. If the engy is aware he'll det the sg in place and kill you in the process. So you have to watch out for that. If the spy dies before he triggers it all is lost, so after he's got it sabo'ed he stll has to stay alive long enough for it to be usefull.

There's skill involved in getting more than 1 sg at a time. Basically if the spy get's an sg sabotaged he's beat the defense that run, and deserves his reward.

Medic's could infect, die, die again, die again, and still have his original infection spreading due to the stupidity of his team. But it's not just stupidity, sometimes you're just walking around a corner and you bump. There's no skill in finding your targets. Back in TFC a medic would conc over to the enemy battlements and his first target would usually be the snipers, as offense would bump into those cockblocking whores all the time. Once they're infected they drop down or run to upper spawn, just chain infecting everyone he could. You would rarely see a medic dedicated to this run down to the basement since basement D is usually more focused and organized, they bump into eachother less and are more aware. The only real infecting in the basement was done by true offense who were trying to make a gap on the 1 or two players down there.

No the medic dedicated to the infection spreading runs around high traffic areas. They don't pick their targets, 5 defenders in one room, demo at the back of it, he's not going to try and run through the first 4 to get the prime target, he's going to just randomly try and infect as many as he can before he dies.

This has been one of the worst comparisons i've ever read, spy sabotaging sg's compared to infection spread, rofl.

*Edit* Oh! and once a spy does it once or twice, the defense is on their toes even more, making it even harder. A medic can repeatedly run in to infect with very very minimal difficulty, yet with spreading the damage can be exponential compared to an sg. 1 infect could equate to infinite kills theoretically being able to kill the same guy more than twice.
The only thing wrong with this reply is that the d is not just going to let you waltz in and start infecting..this is why infecting is tricky. And why it should be returned to its TFC state. I know there are many who say they dont like it, it is annoying to defenses...i understand that. But, really it adds a little something of interest to the battles that occur in the enemy flagroom. Just my humble opinion. At least in public servers anyway. I figure that it makes the D's aim a little sharper cuz they know if they dont take out that medic and quick, somethings going to happen....how would you say, it adds a wrinkle..an element of depth if you will..these types of things are why people still play TFC...after 10 years. Say what you want about TFC being dead, but people are still playing it. Even if they are noobs, who cares..its still people who are playing that could become new players of FF..