Old 08-25-2008, 05:52 PM   #34
Gwarsbane
Slayer of humans
D&A Member

Class/Position: I'm an Offensive Defensive person
Gametype: Fortress Forever
Affiliations: I'm a merc, only thing that talks is money
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Steam is ok, there are still problems with it. A few things I do not like are...

You can't combine accounts. If you have 2 or 3 accounts, you can't move the games over to the account you want without having to pay valve to do it. I created 2 different accounts because I had seen lots of people saying that when they logged into steam with HL2 for the first time, it said that their CD key was already taken and then the whole account was locked out.

You can't remove games from an account without talking to steam to do it and even then its only to move it from one account to another. If I am done with a game, I want to be able to remove it it and sell it off. I don't want to have to sell off my account if I sell the game, and I don't want to have to go though steam/valve to get it shifted over.

Valve said they were going to allow people to remove games themselves but then changed their mind on it. I would like to remove all my old games from my old account and move it to this one, where I used actual

Valve also said that you would be able to change your account name, they still haven't allowed you to do that. My first account I had to use an e-mail address for the account name, I wanted to change that, but couldn't.

Forced updates. I hate forced updates. I usually like to give a new patch a few days to see whats going on. I have seen a few times when a forced steam update or a forced HL2 update has broken things to the point that you couldn't play at all. yes I can wait on an update for a game but for steam itself you can't.
Gwarsbane is offline   Reply With Quote