View Single Post
Old 01-25-2005, 06:47 AM   #24
o_the_decoy

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
[DM]DECOY. That was my old TFC name. It seemed like so long ago and I feel like an old geezer when I try telling the new generation CS players about what TFC was, is and will always be.

Quake2 was the first PC shooter that I ever played. A buddy of mine turned me on to it when I was in eighth grade. We played instagib and Weapons Factory for probably about six months before his dad bought the original Half-Life and started playing TFC. I remember vividly his telling me about the huge graphics difference and how smooth the gameplay was. The different classes and thier uses. It all sounded familiar as Weapons Factory is more-or-less a TF clone itself. But what he was describing was worlds better and it was almost everything that I wanted in WF, and then some.

We had started our little clan playing 2v2 matches in instagib. We called our selves the Demolitia Militia, or DM for short. It took a few months before we became good enough to attract other players to join our little team. We were a family. Or, to put it less gay-ly, a group of friends that loved invading pubs and laying down a little whoopass. Eventually the original two became six.

After the little expansion, my co-leader stepped down from his position putting me in sole command(ooo...the power). I made the decision that we should start playing in a league. At the time, there was no better place for a newb clan to start out than the Online Gaming League(OGL). We signed up for the TFC 5v5 ladder and that was pretty much the step that made us an official clan.

I remember our first match very well. It was against Team Neo. Well...they kicked our ass. Flat out. We clearly had a lot to learn before we could go toe to toe with some of the bigger names in the league. It was a wake up call and a learning experience all rolled into a nice little boot to the rectum. From that point on, three of us became obsessed with learning some of the advanced moves that Neo unleashed upon us. Most notably was gliding(not to be confused with bhopping, which was considered cheating in most leagues.)

Our next match was a good one. Our teamwork really came together. We played a clan claled TKM, I dont remember what it stood for. I think we played the map torch2. We had no problem laying down caps and keeping a strong defense up. I owe this mostly to my two main offensive players, Relik and Darkwrath. They kept untouchable communication between each other and the payoff was proof. I was the defensive master or the clan, and our comms werent too shabby either.

Unfortunatly our next match was also our last. Well...technically there was another victory in there, but it was by forfeit(I guess thats spelled right). But anywho, we got our asses handed to us yet again, but I don't remember by who exactly. After this defeat, a few members went thier seperate ways. One guy's connection was cut off, and the other was having family problems. So that took us down to four. Adding to this, I was having some problems in school at the time as well. So I decided to pull us out of the running after only a month of competitive play. And that was more or less the end of our clan as well.

We still played TFC quite a bit, but never really put in the time again to get a full force team together. Also around this time I started to diversify my taste in games and started playing CS, DOD and even a few RTS games. Although I don't really play TFC too often anymore it still holds an irreplacable spot in my life, both on and offline. Even to this day, I have never really learned a game as well as I knew and to an extent still know TFC.
o_the_decoy is offline   Reply With Quote