View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 01:48 PM   #4
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
1. I have always preferred FPS games over other games, but the game that made me aware of my love for first-person shooters was the original Counter-Strike. I used to play this game religiously after a friend gave me a copy. I was a heavy fan of the competitive scene too. I practiced for hours hoping to become a professional gamer just like the guys in the movies I used to torrent. Hell, I remember staying up all night waiting for coL armageddon's release so I could torrent it at 12kb/s.

2. The only game that comes to mind is Starcraft. It was what got me into real-time strategy gaming. I'm not a big fan of the other genres to say.

3. I have over a thousand hours in Team Fortress 2. I don't think I have that many hours in any other game. If I include the other Team Fortress games, the entire series as a whole dominates.

4. Quake set the standard for first-person shooter games. At-least, that's how it seems from my perspective. It seems like that game was the mother of competitive gaming and really innovated first-person shooters into what they are today. I still play the original Quake to this day. Shit's boss.

5. This is difficult to say, but I would pick these games as having stuck out for me: The Pokemon games (Red, Blue, etc), Team Fortress Series, System Shock 2, Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl, and the Quake Series.

6. I got a SNES for my fourth birthday in '94.

7. All the time

8. Yes

9. RuneScape; though, I fault it for what makes RPG games boring in general: You level up, slay some monsters, buy some items, repeat. You do this over and over. It just isn't satisfying to me. I like interacting with other players, and by that I mean slaying them, not having them join my party so we can whack some slimes with our goddamn maces.

10. Yes, I have a shitty Saitek controller sitting around here from when I used to play King of Fighters '98 with a friend.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote