View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 01:02 PM   #116
Raynian
D&A Member

Class/Position: SPAWN CAMPING OH NO
Gametype: Ragequitting
Affiliations: [PMS]. [Shiney]
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
edit: Oh look, I was talking about defense and it turned into a rant on the state of the game as a whole. oh well, this thread was derailed enough anyways.

I wouldn't mind an overall stronger SG.

I wouldn't mind an overall stronger defense as a whole.

The trade off must be that it feels worthwhile to kill the defense, by making it take longer for them to get into position and set up when they are killed.

I hate that when a match starts, both teams are in the flag room and in position within 15 seconds, tops. That's right, both teams. Offense is so fast and so...grindy.

Spawn. Prime conc, run towards door to yard. HH conc, immediately prime another conc, run into base, use second conc to jump into flag room. Maybe delay the second conc a few seconds. But it's the same action repeated 40 to 50 times in fifteen minutes. It just feels like there's no fun in it, it's just constantly slamming into the defenders until they slip up and let a cap through. When you die 3 or more times a minute...bleh. No single death (or single kill, for defenders) seems important. Even moves which would leave everyone going "holy shit, that play was so baller" in TFC just seem boring in comparison in FF, because there is so much shit going on constantly that nothing stands out.

And every map plays the same way.

Monkey - spawn, prime conc, conc yard, JP into FR, conc into flag, die, repeat
SD2 - spawn, prime conc, conc yard, JP into FR, conc into flag, die, repeat
Destroy - spawn, prime conc, conc yard, JP into FR, conc into flag, die, repeat
Siden - spawn, prime conc, conc yard, JP into FR, conc into flag, die, repeat
Morality - spawn, prime conc, conc yard, JP (or rampslide!) in FR, conc into flag, die, repeat

Every fucking map plays the same way on offense. Because unlike in TFC, you don't have to worry about playing the map - you just play the class. Which is to say, you slam your face on the conc button and pray you get enough speed and that the enemy demo doesn't hit the next det - one of some 120 to 150 det attempts he'll be making throughout the match. Is it the pickup community's fault for that? Maybe. Hell, it definitely partially is. But it's also because the best way to beat any kind of defense is just to zerg rush them over and over and over, getting as many runs in as possible, maybe stopping to kill the engi/demo, but mostly just praying you can get a flag touch each run. It's why I'm starting to get jaded with FF's gameplay. It's stale after playing a few hundred games, since every single one is repeating the same action every 20 seconds for 15 minutes.

At least playing defense is somewhat interesting.

Just kidding, it's aggravating as hell to wipe all 4 offense, but knowing they'll be back in your flag room in the time it takes to hit 2 concs (read: 10 to 15 seconds).

The game is too fast, both on offense and defense. Nothing feels worthwhile.
7:00 PM - zE: eh tbh i like some stuff in us but a lot of stuff in us messes with my nerves
7:00 PM - zE: like watching fox news
7:00 PM - zE: its like wtf

Last edited by Raynian; 06-09-2011 at 01:03 PM.