Thread: Newcomer Q&A
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2008, 02:41 PM   #1
beef42

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Newcomer Q&A

So, having discovered your wonderful mod this morning I immediately engrossed myself in an eight-hour session which has just ended.

Needless to say, my head is spinning a little and this may impact my ability to express myself in English. You have been warned.

Anyway I haven't really played FPS games since I was a kid, but thenl TF2 came out. So I've been playing that for last three months, enjoying it a lot.

Until I came across this mod. In comparison TF2 is slow and simple. There is no doubt that this game has a lot more meat in it.

Anyway, I had some questions.

1, this bunnyhopping stuff. If I understand correctly, the purpose is to gain and/or maintain speed gained from other things, like concs and rockets and whatnot. I read somewhere that I just have to keep spacebar down to autohop, but this does not seem to work. I have to hop manually. Did I miss an option somewhere or will I just have to cope with this? A full explanation on the hopping about would be very nice, if somebody can type that up/link me to it.

2, spies. Spies in this game are a lot more fun than in TF2, but I seem to be unable to figure out how to identify them. In TF2 you just look at his health and his weapon.

3, concjumps. I have gathered there are two ways. One is to toss the nade then jump from it as it detonates, another is simply to let it explode in your magic third arm, jumping as it detonates. Is there any difference in the velocity gained from these two methods? Are there any advantages or disadvantages at all? By the way, the conc graphic is awesoem.

4, euro servers. I live in Euroland and I can't help but wonder if I am going to be able to find people to play against. I am quite certain there is plenty of American activity, but those 100+ ping times make it a bit annoying. So can I find populated Euro servers whenever I want to? Or just evenings? Or just weekend evenings even?

5, HWG's minigun. I read it overheats but I seem to be able to fire all my rounds in one go. I've discovered I can stop the little bar on it with rightclick, but why would I do that? Don't I want to spit as many bullets as at all possible?

6, sniper. Which classes can I 1shot with uncharged headshots (the most effective way of sniping in TF2, and thus the one I am accustomed to)?

7, on some maps, mostly the attack/defend ones I sometimes find myself without my class specific grenade. Since this grenade is the most awesome grenade, I must wonder if this is a balance thing or if I am supposed to find special bags around the maps in question?

yeah, that's all I can come up with right now.

please, if there's anything a lot of newbies seem to not know, please do not hesitate to post it in this thread.
beef42 is offline   Reply With Quote