Old 04-24-2008, 09:03 PM   #31
Firefox11

Class/Position: O&D: Pyro, Sniper
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: FF.AvD [FF AvD/ID guild]
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klute
So, you feel the current state of players is more than it was a few months ago, that new players are joining all the time, and your confident enough to state that in a thread that is about doing something to attract new players and keep the ones we have?
I don't know if the playerbase is rising, falling or staying. I just made you notice that even in with the near to zero FF advertisement, there are new players. Not 50 every single day, but they get there.
Quote:
Confident enough to just sit back, and do nothing except help the influx of new players joining each day?
You feel that a tournament is totally unnecessary, feeling strongly enough to not only derail a thread that could possibly start one, but state it with out any positive input on the threads subject.
Interesting.
Yes, I said that a tournament is unnecesary, a waste of time and money and totally improductive, and that it will make FF meet it's doom. If you can find those words or anything similar in my previous post, then you sure have an extraordinary power, because I never wrote that, not even thought it. I didn't even mention the word "tournament", "money" or "unnecesary".
Quote:
btw,I can honestly say I am not being dramatic. That I play this game exclusively many hours per week. More so than just a "few" rounds yesterday. In fact I play several hours per day. Dramatic? No. Honest? Yes.
No, you were dramatic. You can't state that there are not new players if there are, even if it's two players. Also, just so you know, I don't have enough time to play FF several hours per day, because my free time is at the mornings GMT+1 (when the servers are empty) and I arrive home at around 9:30-10:30 PM, which leaves me little time to play any game since I get up every day at 8:00 AM. But I can tell you that almost every single hour I've got I dedicate it to either play FF, wander around the FF forums or trying to create maps for FF with little success.

I didn't never, ever said that a tournament is useless. Anything that helps the game is the way to go. I just pointed out that you were being overly dramatic about the new players trying FF, and you just went all throttle assuming I said something I didn't.

To make things clear:
Code:
I, known in-game as Firefox11^FtN, support any kind of activity or advertisement
that can help the Half-Life 2 Modification formerly known as Fortress Forever.

Signed,
Firefox11
Firefox11 is offline   Reply With Quote