Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaties View Post
Do you just kind of conc in yard, or is there a setup that you are doing? Because it seems like you are dropping down and bhopping to the door, and priming a conc as you go through the door.

I was trying it earlier with just down-trimping off the yard ramp into a conc and it wasnt very consistently, but your way seems better.
Yes, I do a setup and you described it pretty well. The first jump and the timing of the prime are very important. The consideration after that is to sort of hug the left wall and get as far forward in the yard as possible. You want to hit the downtrimp in a spot where you can fly in a straight line into the base.

EDIT: Just FYI, that jump pad down there was a nuisance and was not built by me. It just so happened that I could avoid it and still do the route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KubeDawg
Yeah the hard part is just the placement of your jumps so you can jump near the end of the platform before you hit that big gap, otherwise you won't make it, but it's definitely possible. It's only really feasible when taking the flag security and you know the enemy will be near their lower respawn. If you have a conc left over, it's almost just better to conc from the top of the ramp near security to that same main entrance platform.
We're talking about different things. oaties and I were talking about the initial route (drop down from spawn, bhop into a downtrimp -> conc -> slide the whole base). The jump from the cap to the bments just requires a decent strafe jump. If you watch the clip again, you'll notice I stop bhopping and then strafe jump across.

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington

Last edited by squeek.; 07-13-2013 at 02:22 AM.
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote