View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 05:16 PM   #7
Elmo
Gets tickled by FF
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med Solly HW
Gametype: Any/CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 41 Times
Makes sense why you believe that. If I didn't know better then I'd be in the same boat as you I think.

It's because we don't believe it only lies in fire power and there's greater mechanic change that needs to take place. Before now I think we've been too afraid of changing such things if we could help it - or maybe we just didn't have the idea *shrugs* I'm guessing.

The idea we were playing with currently was to make it significantly more powerful but ensuring that it WOULD go down after continual battering. If we kept the mechanics as they are but ramp up the overall power the chances are that we get multiple sgs locking down areas and making them impassible and making FF boring.

If we ensure that powerful SGs WILL go down after continual battering then even with multiple SG's there's a positive feeling that you can make a hole and take them out - even if one by one - they will eventually go down.

I'm not the best at explaining things but I had a go.

I could agree a few extra dmg wouldn't have gone a miss in previous pratches but I do feel the general mechanics of the SG need to be played with.
Done: ff_warpath
Forever Doing: ff_medieval (beta#99999999)

Last edited by Elmo; 07-17-2010 at 05:23 PM.
Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote