View Single Post
Old 01-14-2010, 08:53 PM   #79
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenghisTron
Typical reaction from a pubber. The game isn't played correctly in a pub. Please, tell me why we should listen to cries about game balance from people who are playing the game incorrectly?
So according to you, pub play is never correct. Since AvD basically never happens outside a pub, does this mean AvD is "incorrect"?

I think you forget that there's more to FF than just league CTF. Pub CTF is a nightmare and always has been. AvD used to be balanced once upon a time back in TFC and early FF. You've stated a couple times now that pub input is irrelevant, but when talking about changes that can break a game mode heavily, I don't understand this attitude.

I mean I can think of a lot of balance changes needed, but I wouldn't want league play completely sacrificed because I realize other people care about that, so there should be some compromise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo
thanks for one of the most useless posts thus far childsanity
Well obviously it was meant to be sarcastic, I was trying to shed some light that this was sounding like a completely bigoted response. And no, Pubbing is NOT necessarily another way of playing the same game because you have gamemodes in pubbing that don't exist in leagues.