Thread: Hawken
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2013, 04:39 AM   #16
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times
It seems like they've done a lot in the way of optimization since the first time that I played. So if anyone was on the edge spec wise and thinking about playing, it may be worth a shot to try. Game runs much smoother for me that it used to. It's got more options in the graphics panel now that you can turn down as well.

Hawkens no FF, but I have to say I've really been enjoying it lately. I think my favorite thing would be how the movement affects the game. At it's base hawken can be pretty clunky. But if you're good at the movement it becomes very smooth. And when you're playing real smooth like that is when you really start to accel at DM and objectives. So basicly your "piloting" skill goes a long way in how well you actually play the game which I really like.

It's also kind of fun managing all your resources. There's a lot of multitasking to do. I feel like in FF there are a few spread out key moments where you really have to multitask and hit a bunch of keys. But in hawken it's more of a slower but constant thing. In DM scenarios there's always a handful of things you have to pay attention to and manage well.

1 members found this post helpful.