Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eon Seig View Post
My one gripe with FF, and the likely reason that offense is so annoying in pubs, is that the Medic isn't actually contributing anything to the effectiveness of his team like he is in TF2. Pushes can't move forward because their HP isn't being healed and their armor is more important to staying alive. Since armor will virtually always run out before HP in the case of the heavier classes, and the buff mechanic isn't very useful because everyone will lose the buff before they even reach an engagement, something needs to be done to improve the Medic's team support ability and slightly downplay his role as a heavy fast class.
The problem there, isn't in the Medic class, but in how it's played. In TFC, a medic would try to help out his team mates, while still going for the flag/objective. I can't tell you how many times I've reached the area near the flag room with low heath, and had a medic run by and jack me back to full, so I could help him get the flag and get out.

The Medic DOES need some help, as the hitboxes for the medipad are still a bit messed up. The main issue is that too many players play "for me" rules. Unless we put an aura around the Medic, to heal his team without his direct intervention.... it's going to continue to be a problem.

It comes down to this: Do we change the game, or try to change the player?
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote