View Single Post
Old 01-24-2005, 03:31 PM   #18
o_viruz

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Being someone outside of the clan box, I think my input should be valid.

I had played QWTF a long time ago. It might have even been just QTF at that point in time. The game was way too fast for my liking at first but as I played a bit more as the soldier class I started to like it. Of course, I stopped playing this mod in favor of Console games. If you remember, this was about the time the N64 was released, dreamcast, etc. So being an avid console gamer I hit that up for a while.

Somewhere around 98 I think was when I first saw TFC. My cousin had bought TFC from a local store and was testing it out. Nothing looked too fun about it until he chose Sniper.

Welcome to my obsession, lol.

So from that point on I had played as Sniper or Soldier due to my previous experience with a fortress mod. I'm still a little shady on what year I started playing. I do remember dustbowl being released. I remember my favorite map being released (murderball). I also remember being on the only perminant murderball server a lot of the time (Lucifer's Flower's). As with a lot of people in the community, I probably took a year or longer off due to boredom.

Initially, I would say my biggest draw to TFC was the sniper class. Something about that sound when you put that red dot on someones head and gibbed their whole body. Just reminded me of the movie Cadyshack II where Dan Akroid hands the guy the binnoculars (sp?) and keeps repeating "keep your eye on the fruuuit", and hit's a watermelon in the distance with an exploding golfball. Good stuff.

I'm looking forward to playing sniper in the new mod, as well as soldier and engineer. I'd love to see another murderball map. As well as a kick ass dustbowl. Those where the style of maps that had well over 10,000 players addicted to TFC at one point.

Did any of you use Kali as your game browser? Odd question, but that was probably the only game browser I knew of back in those days.

-viruz
o_viruz is offline   Reply With Quote