Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med / Solly
Gametype: PAYLOAD
Affiliations: DET-
Posts Rated Helpful 19 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pon View Post
I probably wouldn't make it an I/D map, personally. Thats mostly due to there being relativly few AvD maps compared to I/D, though, and not because it wouldn't suit the map .
well but what's the difference really? My thinking is that if it's a quick map and generally O ends up winning, what's wrong with making it I/D instead of AvD? Like is it a big deal that it doesn't end when all are capped? I think a big flaw with the map is that, as you say below, all 3 caps can be capped by a person with air control. So having that combined with it being AvD, make it kinda crappy b/c the map gets like 10 - 15min playtime and then it's off to 2fort or dustbowl or whatever. So I guess it boils down to, if it takes or can take 20 min to play the map AvD, then there would be no point in making it I/D, but if it's generally finished in 10/15min then I don't see any reason to not make it I/D.

I'm looking at a solution to making it a bit more defensive, on cp2 right now, and might even have one for 3, but I gotta bounce 'em off of you. I'm not too concerned with changing the geometry a bit, so long as it looks like thecove and the gameplay is better.

@ Beetle, thanks man and np, I'm just glad to not have to do all the geometry. Thankfully most of that stayed, I just gotta add in some detail and make it more playable.
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:

Last edited by Dr.Satan; 10-04-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Dr.Satan is offline   Reply With Quote