View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 03:00 AM   #20
SSCUJO

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
ok so just to get this out, this is purely a counter arguement, its in no way personal, or should be deemed as such.

first i want to quickly address snipers having no place in CTF, i know myself and many other snipers have done great things to help their own team win, the yard is a big spot the sniper is always watching, and almost always the enemy flag carrier needs to come through it to cap. even if that enemy is killed once and caps next spawn, the sniper has done his job in giving his own team a time advantage in a close cap race. of course with legshots its even more effective to shoot the target in the leg twice and let them hobble to the cap. And if a sniper is lucky enough to get a player like bridget to focus 100% energy on trying to kill him the sniper has made the other team lose a player in the fight for the flag. snipers played properly are entirely useful in pub CTF play. moving along.

as bridget has already stated, great snipers have skill, and that skill takes time to develop, but with that skill comes domination. but that is also the same for every class in FF. you put me or king in a pub match sure we would dominate, but put me in a match where i have to snipe exo as solider, killu as medic, gator as scout, opey as heavy, etc etc. i guarantee i would be the most frustrated and pissed off sniper to ever play FF not to mention have a kill count beyond pitifull. when the best snipers are put up against the best of other classes the sniper is truely a trash class.

ok to my main arguement, the sniper may be over powered in the hands of me, king, and a select few others. put give the sniper class to any average or above average player and forget about it, the class all of a sudden becomes one of the worst and hardest classes to play. Bridget, you've mastered the art of annoying and killing snipers,
even people like king get killed by medics and soliders and he is imo the best sniper in this game, imagine an average sniper on the opposing team, they would most likely not even warrent your attention, but if you focused 100% of your energy on him he would stand absolutely no chance.

Everyone is angry at the best snipers in the game, nobody realizes there are far more average snipers and new snipers that enjoy a class that is (for the unskilled) one of the hardest classes in the game, those players not only become a non factor but or so useless they are often ignored completely, only getting the odd kill here or there. when looked at from the majority of people who play sniper, this class is horribly underpowered. you can't change the class balance because a few guys are really good at it, that would just make it even more crippling for the uninitiated.

i don't want to use the hitboxes as an excuse because for the best snipers (the ones that cause frustration) it is almost a non issue becuase the adjustments are made and compinsated for. i feel even if the hitboxes were fixed the sniper would still be under powered to the average player. but that would need to be tested to know for sure.

anyway once again, Bridget you have a great arguement. this is how i see things, i respect what your saying, but until the sniper needs no skill to be dominating, it will have to stay the same, to be playable for the masses.

Last edited by SSCUJO; 01-11-2010 at 03:07 AM.