View Single Post
Old 02-25-2005, 01:02 PM   #93
o_mastiff

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Lo all . I started playing TFC as soon as it was available .
I had played some Doom style games but TFC was my first ever serious online game.

I did try others including C.S and recently played DOD on recommendation . Both times I thought ' what ' how do these games compare to TFC ?

I gave up TFC about three years ago as I live in the countryside and couldnt get Broadband or even ISDN. 56K was just getting impossible especially if you wanted to play in matches.

My first and very best clan was [POP] , partisans of pleasure if I remember rightly though I did play for two others towards my ' 56K end'

I find TFC unique in that it can be played as fast pace , it can be played with stealth and of course without team co-op it is nothing. TFC on public servers has been ruined by the ' i've got the highest score' types who only have the highest score because they make no sacrifices for the team goal.

I re entered TFC a few months ago after B.T raised the line limits and have a superb connection and play most days though not for a clan.
Usually playing my old class on NG but I play spy and scout quite a bit.

My biggest hope is that the Forever mod encourages a new breed of
' TEAM ' players who dont play for there own score but play for the team win. Without that I wont be interested at all . I hope that the game takes off enough for clans to be formed out of TFC old timers like me aND newcomers who are keen anf friendly . If this doesnt happen I'll be looking elsewhere , if it does I'll be straight back in to clan play which to me you can't beat if theyre a good bunch.

POP R.I.P
o_mastiff is offline   Reply With Quote