Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox11 View Post
However, I was wondering if it would be better to left the names in English even if you change the language. In TF2, there's no "Explorador", there's a Scout. People in game communicate classes with their english names (i.e, "Hay una Sentry ahÃ*" = "There's a Sentry there")
I was a bit worried about languages that don't even use roman characters like Chinese, Thai, Japanese, Hindi, etc.

Scout です か?(Basically, "Is that a Scout?" in Japanese) doesn't really sound that weird I suppose, but I'm not the one to make that decision. Until the devs discuss this, assume that we'd want to translate the names for now. (If you don't have East Asian fonts installed, you're not gonna see my crazy Japanese characters in bold, you'll just see Scout ?? ??.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garland-W View Post
I'll translate it to Swedish if you have the swedish letters å,ä,ö in your font.
I'm not 100% sure but we probably don't have those letters in the font. This is a give and take with the community here. Whoever made the font didn't have the foresight to put in some characters like, say, Cyrillic characters for Russian and Greek.

If someone does the actual translation, however, I don't see why we couldn't add them into the font (or make an extra font for that language). If we have the translation we'd be more inclined to get them added in.

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.
Ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote