Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDA_Approved View Post
I know Squeek said they were both tested at the same time, with the Jgun being a counter, But I still don't believe the Jgun was just "an OP counter". Mainly because designing something as shitty as OP, at the same time as you design some asinine counter for it seems, really really dumb. I still like to give devs the benefit of the doubt and believe the Jguns main appeal was to add more depth and options to movement, while reinforcing the idea to new players that scout was primarily a movement class. (you know, so that they might be less likely to run around shooting HW's with nails and single shotties)
You're right about this. They were designed separately and just so happened to play off eachother a bit; it was never intentional. You can read a bit about the original goals of the jumpgun here.

I think the criticism that the jumpgun allows for cheap escapes is totally fair, and it's the thing I'm least happy about with it. If anyone has any ideas for how that could be corrected while still meeting some of the goals in the above link, I'm all ears.

As for OP, I agree with FDA that it can be frustrating. It ended up as a far less interactive mechanic than we had hoped it'd be, I think. The original idea was to make the overpressure a projectile, but that got scrapped for what is currently in the game before we ever tested a projectile version. Still unsure if a projectile version would be any better or not.

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington

Last edited by squeek.; 07-20-2016 at 06:42 PM.
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote