View Single Post
Old 09-25-2011, 03:23 AM   #4
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
3. Replace the I-cannon with a thumper grenade launcher. This gives the pyro a long-range punch, but can only hold one round and has a lengthy reload time (3-4 sec). This prevents explosive spam. In terms of damage, it should be about the damage of a pipe, maybe between that of a pipe and a rocket.
I'm not sure what the purpose of this is, since it seems handicapped in multiple ways. It sounds like the RL would be superior to this in every way except maybe travel time, but that doesn't mean a whole lot if it's doing less damage than a rocket or is the same as one pipe. I'd rather have a weapon with a higher payload and even longer reload time, or else something like the TFC style IC, small damage, but fast ROF. I think the only thing this would do would make me want to play soldier instead. Unless it also has an ability to curve towards sniper rifles.

Quote:
4. Replace the napalm grenades with shield grenades that create a pocket of force much like the slowfield that prevent any damage to those inside it from sources outside the radius of the grenade. It does not prevent or hinder movement of any way, so an enemy can waltz inside the grenade to damage those inside it and be protected from outside damage. The grenade lasts 5 seconds, after which it disappears.
/flameshield on.
Quake Wars has something almost exactly like this that I think would be more fun since this sounds like a planned invulnerability feature. In QW, it lasts about a minute, but slowly gets weaker. It can block a LOT of shots, but explosives (which are more lethal than FF) will take it out. I like the idea more of something that protects you longer, but won't save you from a barrage of fire.
chilledsanity is offline   Reply With Quote