Old 09-16-2009, 11:25 PM   #1
Mooga
Colorless FTW
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Affiliations: SRCDS.com
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Thumbs down HP SUCKS

I once and for all am adding HP to my blacklist.
In the past I have not had many issues with HP computers. The hardware works fine and XP generally installs fine, given then you have a thumb drive full of drivers.

However I have had two nightmarish issues with HP. Both involve Windows 7.

Please note:
1) I am using a legitimate, final version of Windows 7 Pro. This is NOT a beta or RC, this is the FINAL version that will be shipping October 22nd.
2) Windows 7 is know to install without issues on Dell laptops as far as 5+ years old.

My first was using 2 slightly older HP printers. On HP's website they do NOT offer any XP or Vista drivers claiming "HP drivers come with windows and all our printers are plug and play." After trying two printers without any luck with drivers I finally calling tech support. They were completely useless and i got yelled at (given I yelled at the moron first).

Today I was helping my friend install Windows 7 on her NEW HP laptop. She got it less then 3 months ago and Vista already completely failed. Windows 7 installed fine, but I couldn't get ANY video drivers working with it. The Vista drivers refused to run because it does an OS check (MORONS). And the drivers from nvidia would only install HD sounds drivers... HP's official policy with just over a month before the final release is that they do not support beta software... Even though I'm using the FINAL version of the software.

If you know anyone in HP would would be willing to talk with a very disgruntled customer, let me know.

My friend right next to me is running a Dell Vostro 1000 from 2007 with 1GB of ram and it has FULL WORKING DRIVER SUPPORT. Yet a 3 month old HP does not.

HP, you have failed. I will gladly use my 5 year old dell without even considering touching another HP product.

Last edited by Mooga; 09-16-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Mooga is offline   Reply With Quote