Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
Honestly I would wait a couple weeks before releasing a map pack. Nezumi is working on some stuff (obviously) and there are a lot of beta maps that are nearing completion (as you have mentioned).

I think you should slowly build up a list and set a release date for the map pack.

December 21st would be a good date for that for a few reasons.

1) It gives mappers currently working on stuff more than enough time to finish up their maps... at least the ones that are pretty damn close.

2) It gives us the grand hope that one of Nezumis 200 or so maps will actually be ready to go in that time...

3) It lets everyone know when they will be able to pick the map pack up, a definitive date instead of "I'll be done with this soon".

4) It's a Friday, so server owners would likely have more free time to downlaod the pack and put the maps in their rotation.

5) It's the Friday before Christmas, which means a lot of people will be on holiday break (in elementary school/primary school, high school/secondary school, and college/university) - meaning more people will have time to blow on playing the maps. Having it released on that date might make a lot more people consider trying them out compared to a map pack that has been out for like a month.

6) A few of the mappers are working on Christmas/Holiday maps in the shadows... I know of one or two personally, but I am sure that there are many more. These could be included as well and then these niche maps could end up on a lot of servers/computers.

So please, give that some thought.

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.
Ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote